[yocto] [RFC] Blubber, a tool to set up yocto/poky projects easily

Josef Holzmayr jholzmayr at the-exact-steps.net
Mon Mar 10 04:11:50 PDT 2014

Hello Vali,

> Vali Cobelea <valentin.cobelea at enea.com> hat am 10. März 2014 um 12:05
> geschrieben:
>
> Looks ok at a first look, but my first suggestion would be to start
> using the "is" operator instead of "==" when it comes to comparing strings.
> Otherwise using your way with "==" will crash if any of the variables
> (those "sys.argv[]") are None (void).

Thanks for the quick input! However, this is one of the very rare points I
intently did that way, because of the difference in meaning from "==" to "is"
(see
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1504717/why-does-comparing-strings-in-python-using-either-or-is-sometimes-produce).
But I'm curious, how would one then properly compare the content of two strings?
Checking both types first?

> Best regards,
> Vali

Greetz