[yocto] Autotools not configuring

sheerapthinath sheerapthinath at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 06:01:25 PST 2014

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 7:26 PM, sheerapthinath <sheerapthinath at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to yocto and trying to build a package for raspberry pi.
> I am using the BSP layer from https://github.com/djwillis/meta-raspberrypi.
>
> Am able to build the image using BSP without any problem. But when I
> added a new layer to add packages, am getting error.
>
> I tried testing with the hello world auto tooled package. When trying
> to execute that bb, am getting the error as follows,
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
> | ERROR: oe_runmake failed
>

> --
> Regards,
> Sheerapthinath OS

My bb file is as follows,
DESCRIPTION = "Dummy"
SECTION = "package"
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
PR = "r0"
SRC_URI = "file://hello/"
inherit autotools gettext

After executing this bb file, i took a look at the logs of configure.
It says nothing to configure. This hello world is the dummy auto
tooled packed downloaded from yocto site.
Please help me with what's wrong with this process am following?

--
Regards,
Sheerapthinath OS