[yocto] Remote management of embedded devices

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Fri Mar 7 04:30:11 PST 2014

Hi,

I'm looking into remote management solutions for an upcoming headless
mesh edge router running Poky. I think, at least in the initial rollout
we're going to need something more than, say, a cron-based package
update facility.

I'm currently thinking of going down the route of a cloud based server
providing SSH port forwarding to the embedded devices, and then perhaps
putting some scripting together on top of that to enable monitoring,
configuration, and control.

I was wondering if there are better solutions already supported by the
Yocto project which people might be using to good effect in production
systems ?

Thanks,

Alex