[yocto] Using MACHINE_EXTRA_RDEPENDS to install wifi Firmware

Ash Charles ashcharles at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 11:05:59 PST 2014

Hi,

I tried a clean build just to make sure but I still see the issue.

Basically, the kernel.bbclass is packaging and shipping all the
firmware it finds in the kernel source.  The linux-firmware recipe is
also shipping a superset of firmware to those files found in the
kernel hence I see warnings about the files shipped by both recipes.
Is there a way to only include just the package I need from
linux-firmware (linux-firmware-sd8686) without getting all files in
the sysroot-destdir?
--or--
Is there a way to instruct the kernel.bbclass not to ship any firmware?

Thanks for any suggestions!

--Ash