[yocto] hwdata needed for usbip

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Mar 6 09:00:49 PST 2014

Hi Rick,

On Thursday 06 March 2014 09:05:30 Rick Bianchi wrote:
> I have looked high and low for the hwdata package, usbip needs it to
> function. I don't see it with a bitbake -s | grep hwdata and it is not in
> smart repos.
>
> Is this package include in another package? If, so which one?

If I understand correctly, "hwdata" is a Red Hat packaging convention and is
composed of databases from several different source packages; we ship them via
the recipes for their source packages. Thus the USB ID device database can be
found in a usbutils-ids package (produced by the usbutils recipe), the PCI ID
database in pciutils-ids (produced by the pciutils recipe), etc.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton