[yocto] Toolchain

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Thu Mar 6 04:57:50 PST 2014

On 5 March 2014 21:14, Khem Raj <raj.khem at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 9:00 AM, Michael Gloff <mgloff at emacinc.com> wrote:
>> | *** Error: Package name  contains illegal characters, (other than
>> [a-z0-9.+-])
>
> hmm meta-environment-PMX-090T is a package name and
> thats limitation of opkg backend, if you are too tied to

opkg itself doesn't seem to have this limitation, I just created and installed a
test package named 'A' perfectly fine.

The Debian policy says:
    Package names (both source and binary, see Package, Section 5.6.7) must
    consist only of lower case letters (a-z), digits (0-9), plus (+) and minus
    (-) signs, and periods (.). They must be at least two characters long and
    must start with an alphanumeric character.

So I think the restriction is there to keep generated packages
compatible with dpkg-deb.

We could consider removing the restriction if that compatibility isn't
necessary.

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk