[yocto] Integrating Golang

Leo Schwab lschwab at sensity.com
Wed Mar 5 13:55:13 PST 2014

We have gotten it into our minds to write some of the apps on our
device in Go, a shiny new compiled language from Google (
http://golang.org/ ).  However, Go has very -- shall we say --
independent ideas about how to organize, fetch, build, and deploy code
which would, at first glance, appear to conflict with Yocto's
mechanisms for same.  Go's support for cross-compilation is also
fairly new and undergoing refinement.  We've kluged together a couple
of recipes which are target-specific, but a general solution for
Go-built targets in Yocto has not revealed itself.

Has anyone else done any work here?  Is there anything that I can
steal^H^H^H^H^Htake inspiration from?  Or am I in completely
unexplored territory?

Thanks in advance,
Schwab