[yocto] Error on building

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 09:01:11 PST 2014

On 05/03/2014 16:54, ratheesh kannoth wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 10:07 PM, Alex J Lennon
> <ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 05/03/2014 16:15, ratheesh kannoth wrote:

>>> Alex,
>>> Thanks. I am trying  to compile snort package.  I could easily get
>>> around these problems using  INSANE_SKIP.  But a new problem popped
>>> up. I have compiled  libdnet with out  a SONAME. So snort binary
>>> contains , ( ldd shows ) a full path to the library.  So rootfs build
>>> fails with
>>> following error.
>>>
>>> Computing transaction...error: Can't install sf-test-1.0-r0.6 at x86_64:
>>> no package provides
>>> /workspace/linux/wrlinux/bitbake_build/tmp/sysroots/intel-x86-64/usr/lib64/libdnet()(64bit)
>>>
>>> I can rebuild libdnet with  SONAME ( linker flag ) and solve this
>>> problem  OR  I can put SKIP_FILEDEPS = "1" in  sf  recipe file. But
>>> SKIP_FILEDEPS  will skip every check  in all recipes. I am looking
>>> something similar  option like  INSANE_SKIP_${PN} += "dev-so" ??
>> That's interesting Ratheesh. Is there a reason for not including the
>> soname attribute in libdnet?
>>
>> I would have thought that in a situation like that where there's no
>> soname the snort binary shared library path should be fixed up to the
>> target path, a relative path, rather than an absolute host path?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Alex
>>
>>> -Ratheesh
> I removed soname by mistake.
>
> I would like to know about workarounds  if such problem comes in yocto. Could u
> enlighten me

I'm no expert I'm afraid Ratheesh. I try to avoid the workarounds
as they usually cause me problems down the road, but I'd probably
look at the same thing as you with INSANE_SKIP_

Hunting around a little it does look as though you can do per-recipe dep
skips though,
and indeed per-package skips

http://patches.openembedded.org/patch/43457/