[yocto] GLIB-2.0 target compile issue

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Wed Mar 5 07:31:45 PST 2014

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 8:29 AM, Rick Bianchi <bianchirickkutta at gmail.com>wrote:

> I have add IMAGE_INSTALL_append =" glib-2.0" to my local.conf and compile
> the image on the host without any issues.
>
> When I try to compile on the target I get the following error:
>
> checking pkg-config is at least version 0.9.0... yes
> checking for PACKAGE... no
> configure: error: Package requirements (glib-2.0 >= 2.6.0) were not met:
>
> No package 'glib-2.0' found

You did install the development files, either with the dev-pkgs image
feature, or by directly installing them (glib-2.0-dev, .)? Our packaging is
quite granular, so the 'glib-2.0' package won't provide development files,
just the files necessary to run software using glib.
--
Christopher Larson
clarson at kergoth dot com