[yocto] Minutes: Yocto Project Technical Team Meeting - Tuesday, March 4, 2014 8:00 AM US Pacific Time

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Mar 4 08:20:46 PST 2014

Attendees: Stephen, Michael, Vali, Ross, Mark, Bruce, Jessica, Tom, Randy, Cristiana, Belen, Richard, Matthew, Jefro, Cristian, Jeff, Paul, Nitin, Saul, Beth

* Opens collection - 5 min (Stephen)

* Yocto 1.6 status - 10 min (Stephen/team)

YP 1.6 M3 RC2 was approved to be released.  Should be released in the shortly.

YP 1.6 is drawing to a close over the new few weeks and some features will be dropped to insure a stable final release by the target release date of April 25th.

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v1.6_Status

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_1.6_Features

* SWAT team rotation: Paul -> Saul

  https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

* Opens - 10 min

Michael - Bugzilla upgrades.  We are using 4.2 and 4.4 is out.  Testopia is not yet supporting 4.4.  He would like users/volunteers to help him test the upgrade to 4.4 with Testopia.  Saul agreed to help.

Michael - Infrastructure status update -  We are moving to a new server and are in process with that move.

Richard - A number of the Autobuilders are offline and need some attention to get them up and running again.  Michael will work with Beth to get them running.

* Team Sharing - 20 min

Richard - Removal of PRink code is progressing.  Need to us a separate PR server.  Will be a warning in 1.6 and not work so after.   Standard Autotools now can use separate build directories.   Need to decide how aggressive we will in 1.6 about implementing this feature.  It is strongly desired.

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
*   Work Telephone:          (480) 554-5904
*    Cell:                                (208) 244-4460
* Email:                             stephen.k.jolley at intel.com