[yocto] Toolchain

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Mar 3 10:52:25 PST 2014

Hi Michael,

On Sunday 02 March 2014 19:58:41 Michael Gloff wrote:
> Is there a reason why the toolchain cannot be built with a machine name
> that contains capital letters? Seems weird, everything else builds fine,
> but meta-toolchain fails complaining about caps.

Although machine names are traditionally all lower case in our build system,
there's no deliberate restriction in place that enforces this.

Would you be able to provide more details, such as the version of the build
system you are using, the exact capital letters you used in the machine name,
and the error you received?

Thanks,
Paul

--