[yocto] WARNING: Failed to fetch URL http://downloads.sourceforge.net/openjade/openjade-0.6.14.tar.gz, attempting MIRRORS if available

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Mar 3 08:27:24 PST 2014

On Monday 03 March 2014 14:53:26 Alex J Lennon wrote:
> On 03/03/2014 14:36, Rick Bianchi wrote:
> > Does anyone know how I can get around this error? There is no such
> > package on sourceforge "Fetcher failure for URL:
> > 'http://downloads.sourceforge.net/openjade/openjade-0.6.14.tar.gz'.
> > Unable to fetch URL from any source."
>
> Rick, as Paul mentioned there seems to be something really strange going on.
>
> If you look in the docbook-utils-native recipe (which is at r3 for me in
> master:d6596f5e0446b6aa3ae845389965bb2852f17b65) it is 0.6.14
>
> That recipe doesn't use the openjade tarball although it has a
> dependency on openjade-native
>
> If you look at the openjade-native recipe it is at version 1.3.2
>
> So, you'd expect docbook-utils-native to be pulling down a 0.6.14
> docbook tarball, or if you were building openjade-native you'd expect
> the openjade 1.3.2 tarball to be pulled down (I believe)
>
> So it looks as though somehow there's some kind of corruption that is
> mixing up openjade with the 0.6.14 of docbook for some reason.
>
> i.e. I don't believe you're going to find a tarball of an
> openjade-0.6.14 release.

This is my assessment of what's happening also. I can't understand how this
could ever happen, but it looks like SRC_URI is being mixed up between the two
recipes, and this is on the dylan (old stable) branch as well.

> It might be better to try checkout out your layers again and doing a
> rebuild from scratch ?

Before doing this, Rick could you run the following and post the output:

bitbake -e docbook-utils-native | grep ^SRC_URI=

Thanks,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton