[yocto] Package 'X' provides... what?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Mar 3 04:17:41 PST 2014

On 3 March 2014 07:10, Nicolas Dechesne <nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org> wrote:
>> How do I find out what (e.g.) gstreamer1.0-plugins-base.bb actually provides? Once I've got it to build for one plugin I can go to the work directory to see what gets packaged to find the names of other plugins, but I can't find a way in to start with. Is there some bitbake magic I can use to list what's provided by a recipe?
>
> you can try:
>
> bitbake -e gstreamer1.0-plugins-base | grep ^PACKAGES
>
> basically, you are looking for the content of the variable 'PACKAGES'

Note that for situations such as this you won't find
PACKAGES=gstreamer1.0-plugins-base-playbin anywhere as the set of
plugins that a recipe can build is dynamic .  There'll be a
PACKAGES_DYNAMIC=gstreamer1.0-plugins-* statement that tells bitbake
it will provide a set of packages matching a glob, but that's all.  No
way of going from -plugins-playbin to the gstreamer1.0-plugins-base.

Ross