[yocto] Package 'X' provides... what?

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Sun Mar 2 07:49:51 PST 2014

I'm in the middle of updating some code (under 'danny') from Gstreamer 0.10 to 1.0.

At the moment I pull in things like 'gst-plugins-base-playbin' by having a 'DEPENDS' in a recipe. However, that's not what it's called in Gstreamer 1.0.

How do I find out what (e.g.) gstreamer1.0-plugins-base.bb actually provides? Once I've got it to build for one plugin I can go to the work directory to see what gets packaged to find the names of other plugins, but I can't find a way in to start with. Is there some bitbake magic I can use to list what's provided by a recipe?

Chris Tapp

opensource at keylevel.com
www.keylevel.com