[yocto] Making Modules and Enabling the in the Kernel when doing your own build?

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 14:08:57 PST 2014

On Mar 1, 2014, at 1:43 PM, Rick Bianchi <bianchirickkutta at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have decided to compile my own poky image. Could someone elaborate on where I would set the usbip modules to be built and enabled in the kernel if I am doing my own build.

well you need to enabled usbip in kernel, probably it also means you need to enable CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL
see drivers/staging/usbip/Kconfig it lists

USBIP_CORE
USBIP_VHCI_HCD
USBIP_HOST

Probably enabling these will be enough. Then you have to add the user space usbip tools and utils
and you should be set. btw. you might have to add recipes for usbip userspace components.