[yocto] virtual/mesa, virtual/libgl provided by multiple packages

Ash Charles ashcharles at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 14:51:20 PDT 2014

Hi Alex,
On Fri, Jun 13, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Alex J Lennon
<ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:
> I think these two lines in cogl-1.0.inc are causing mesa to be pulled in
> incorrectly, but I'm not sure what ERDEPENDS does...
>
> # Extra RDEPENDS for PACKAGECONFIG
> # This has to be explictly listed, because cogl dlopens the backends
> ERDEPENDS_GL    = "libgl"
> ERDEPENDS_GLES2 = "libgles2"
I'm seeing the same issue.  I'm guessing that 'virtual/*' is not a
valid target for an RDEPEND.  It looks like your libgles2 provider
should RPROVIDE libgles2.  The receipe for SGX (graphics core)
libraries, for example, contains lines like this:
RREPLACES_${PN} = "libegl libgles1 libgles2"
RPROVIDES_${PN} = "libegl libgles1 libgles2"
RCONFLICTS_${PN} = "libegl libgles1 libgles2"

Mesa does something similar (with some extra debian renaming that I
didn't understand) in an anonymous python function in mesa.inc.

--Ash