[yocto] SRC_URI issue in recipe writing

Pourya Shirazian pourya.shirazian at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 15:57:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

When writing a recipe the SRC_URI is supposed to accept git repository
addresses but the following fails to build for me:

1. With http URL: It also does not allow my credentials to be embedded in
the URI

SRC_URI = "http://mygitserver.net/myproject.git;protocol=http;branch=master
<http://s624aalp0001.usfdc.corpintra.net/UI-SW/hupf2020-frontend.git;protocol=http;branch=master>
"

Exception: ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable SRCPV, expression was
${@bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d)} which triggered exception FetchError: Fetcher
failure: SRCREV was used yet no valid SCM was found in SRC_URI

ERROR: Failed to parse recipe: mycoolrecipe.bb

2. With ssh URL

SRC_URI = "git at mygitserver.net <git at s624aalp0001.usfdc.corpintra.net>
:me/myproject.git;protocol=ssh;branch=master"

Exception: ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable SRCPV, expression was
${@bb.fetch2.get_srcrev(d)} which triggered exception MalformedUrl: The
<git at s624aalp0001.usfdc.corpintra.net>:me/myproject.git;protocol=ssh;branch=master"
is
invalid and cannot be interpreted

After checking the documentation it seems it only expects the git protocol
only and it worked in this example, however, our internal enterprise github
only supports http and ssh URIs.

SRC_URI = "git://
github.com/GraphicsEmpire/gridvisualization.git;branch=master”

What do you guys suggest?