[yocto] P2P Communication

Aziz Bahri azizbahri90 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 05:19:58 PDT 2014

I have two intel embedded devices with functioning WiFis, I am wondering
how to get P2P wifi connection between the two?

so far i have tried following guide on WiFi direct, with no sucess, is
there a better way of doing this?

http://riya80211.blogspot.ie/2013/07/p2p-configuration-of-wpasupplicant-in.html

the devices both has wpa_supplicant v2.0, but none has the p2p capabilities
enabled,  the guide suggests that i must recompile it with the following
settings enabled, but when i recompile it, i run into problems.

CONFIG_WPS=y
CONFIG_WPS2=y
CONFIG_P2P=y
CONFIG_AP=y

the new recompiled wpa_supplicant gives me the following errors when i
run  ./wpa_supplicant -i wlan2 -c /etc/p2p.conf -Dnl80211

first, libnl.s0.1 shared library not found,i figured libnl installed
in the system is libnl3, so i compile libnl1, this error went away.
then i run wpa_supplicant again with same settings i get "rfkill
cannot open rfkill control device" . and i have no idea how to fix
this.