[yocto] Adding files to the hddimg

Francois P. Gallichand francois.p.gallichand at ca.abb.com
Wed Jun 18 08:42:08 PDT 2014

Hello All,

I realized that I may not have been specific enough on my problem since I haven't had any reply or found a solution yet.

Essentially, I need to be able to add some files to the image file itself (.hddimg, not the rootfs) and be able to do that automatically (and ideally from a custom recipe).

What I have tried so far is to extend the bootimg.bbclass. So I created my own class, myclass.bbclass, with the following content:

Inherit bootimg

myclass_do_bootimg() {
                do_bootimg
                cp <some files> ${HDDDIR}
}

EXPORT_FUNCTIONS do_bootimg

And I patched image-live.bbclass to replace the "inherit bootimg" by "inherit myclass" (I don't know if there is a better way to do that?). But it seems that myclass_do_bootimg is never called, but do_bootimg is.

I also tried the following myclass.bbclass without any more success.

Inherit bootimg

do_some_function() {
                cp <some files> ${HDDDIR}
}

addtask some_function after do_booimg

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.

Francois

François Gallichand
Engineer - Software Group