[yocto] ExpansionError during parsing busybox 1.21.1 name 'find_cfgs' is not defined

Colin Wernham CWernham at Airspan.com
Wed Jun 18 05:30:20 PDT 2014

I'm getting the following intermittent error when I run a bitbake recipe to build an entire filesystem (after removing all temporary files, sstate cache etc):

ERROR: ExpansionError during parsing /home/cwernham/git/TiTarget/sources/oe-core/meta/recipes-core/busybox/busybox_1.21.1.bb: Failure expanding variable do_configure: ExpansionError: Failure expanding variable do_configure, expression was  do_prepare_config

   merge_config.sh -m .config ${@" ".join(find_cfgs(d))}

   cml1_do_configure

which triggered exception NameError: name 'find_cfgs' is not defined

ERROR: Command execution failed: Exited with 1

Running the same command again (after removing all temporary files, sstate cache etc) usually works ok, so why this problem?
Is it because  of a script race condition (I have BB_NUMBER_THREADS = 4), or slow internet server connection? I have tarballs of all packages needed.