[yocto] should yocto ref manual variable glossary include bitbake variables?

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Wed Jun 18 02:28:46 PDT 2014

On Tuesday 17 June 2014 13:52:52 Rifenbark, Scott M wrote:
> These two glossaries are not replicates of each other by design.  You might
> notice also that some definitions for the same variable differ as well.
> The intent is to have the variables in ref-manual be specific (if possible)
> for YP and the ones in bitbake-user-manual to be specific for that context.

FYI there is an open task to bring some of the variable definitions added to
the BitBake manual over to the Yocto Project Reference Manual and extend them
if they have enhanced behaviour with the OE metadata; IIRC it was on my todo
list to do give Scott the list of variables to bring over.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton