[yocto] How to copy recipe and have different target names

Brian Smucker bds at bsmucker.eu.org
Tue Jun 17 13:11:51 PDT 2014

Hi Andrea and all,

So I am using your suggestion to make another variant of busybox:
busybox-static, and I add the static.bblcass file.

So when I try to do bitbake busybox-static, it ends up unpacking to
busybox-static-1.20.2-r2/busybox-1.20.2 (which does not correspond to
the S variable).
And it errors out when it attempts to patch to
busybox-static-1.20.2-r2/busybox-static-1.20.2 (the S variable path).

What am I missing?

Thanks,

Brian