[yocto] FTDI support in yocto on CGTQMX6

Joshua Collins joshua.collins at arcontia.se
Mon Jun 16 04:14:36 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have successfully built the 'fsl-image-gui' image and installed it on my cqtqmx6. I require FTDI drivers to be installed to detect a usb device as a serial port. I am unsure how to go about adding these drivers. I have tried modifying my local.conf file with the following line:

PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn = " libftdi"

which didn't seem to do anything. I also tried:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " libftdi"

Which caused bitbake to fail with the error: "ERROR: QA Issue: libftdi: The compile log indicates that host include and/or library paths were used."

I don't have a great understanding of knowing how to add more features to my yocto image, and would appreciate any help with enabling FTDI support.

Cheers,

Josh