[yocto] Autotools, Init Script templates and configure.ac

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Jun 16 02:24:31 PDT 2014

On 16 June 2014 10:20, Alex J Lennon <ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk> wrote:
> OK. Thanks Ross. I don't suppose you can recommend a "golden initscript"
> somewhere on the interwebs that covers the all bases, including for LSB
> functions present / absent?
>
> It seems to me such a script might be a useful thing to have as a
> reference somewhere on the wiki.

Not off the top of my head, sorry.  initscripts are pretty tricky to
write correctly... :/  there are helpers such as start-stop-daemon
that are useful but because there's no standard way to start a daemon,
whether it should write a PID or not, whether it forks or not, and so
on, there's no "canonical" example.

Ross