[yocto] PROVIDES now always working (populate_sdk)?

Marek Andrus marek.andrus at wp.pl
Fri Jun 13 08:19:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

I use external toolchain and 'm trying to do populate_sdk. I get a
strage output. First bitbake tells me, that:

DEBUG: providers for eglibc are: ['eglibc']
DEBUG: sorted runtime providers for eglibc are:
['/home/marek/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.19.bb']

(it is not the only one)

Then it says:

ERROR: Multiple .bb files are due to be built which each provide eglibc
(/home/marek/yocto/poky/meta-marek-toolchain/recipes-devtools/external-marek-toolchain/external-marek-toolchain.bb
/home/marek/yocto/poky/meta/recipes-core/eglibc/eglibc_2.19.bb).

Of course external-marek-toolchain.bb provides eglibc (and is set as
preffered provider). What can be the cause?

BR,
Marek