[yocto] How to determine which tasks bitbake just ran?

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jun 12 12:00:47 PDT 2014

On 12 June 2014 19:53, Patrick Doyle <wpdster at gmail.com> wrote:
> As you know, when we bitbake a recipe, we see lots of messages about
> individual tasks that are run as they are being run (do_fetch,
> do_configure, etc…), and then a final summary message that reads
> something like:
>
> NOTE: Tasks Summary: Attempted 690 tasks of which 677 didn't need to
> be rerun and all succeeded.
>
> I'm curious:
> 1) What were the 13 tasks that ran?
> 2) Why are there 690 tasks for my simple recipe anyway?

You want to see the cooker log.

If you want to see that as it happens, then for a one-off you can
convince bitbake that it's not running on a vt (bitbake foo | cat -).

After the event, the cooker logs are in
tmp/logs/cooker/[machine]/[timestamp].log.  For convenience, Chris
Larson's excellent 'bb' command has a 'log' mode that if given no
arguments will display the latest cooker log.

Ross