[yocto] [oe] How to add the same recipe twice?

Kevyn-Alexandre Paré kapare at rogue-research.com
Tue Jun 10 10:32:21 PDT 2014

Hi Paul,

> FYI, our psplash recipe has built-in handling for multiple splash images, so
> you don't need to add multiple recipes to use this. You just need a
> psplash_git.bbappend in your own layer which does something like this:

Notice after sending my email....

> FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
> SPLASH_IMAGES = "file://splash-file-one.h;outsuffix=one \
>                           file://splash-file-two.h;outsuffix=two"
>
> This will automatically create psplash-<outsuffix> packages for each splash
> image entry (i.e. psplash-one and psplash-two in this case), and set up
> update-alternatives alternatives for each one.
>
> (I realise we don't have this documented anywhere, I've added a todo list item
> for me to document it.)

AAAA thank you very much for the detail explanation! I didn't
understand properly the outsuffix option and change/remove it without
success. You should simply add in the main recipe something like
that?:

# To have multiple psplash append with:
# FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend := "${THISDIR}/files:"
# SPLASH_IMAGES = "file://splash-file-one.h;outsuffix=one \
#                           file://splash-file-two.h;outsuffix=two"

Will try your solution

thx,

-KA