[yocto] [Yocto] How to add the same recipe twice?

Kevyn-Alexandre Paré kapare at rogue-research.com
Tue Jun 10 10:25:02 PDT 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Jun 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM, Saul Wold <sgw at linux.intel.com> wrote:
> On 06/09/2014 09:41 AM, Kevyn-Alexandre Paré wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Here what I want to do:
>> - Have 2 different psplash in my image.
>>
>> Here what I have done:
>> - Copy and rename the psplash recipe to psplash-desktop and modify
>> couple of things.
>>
> psplash does some interesting package name manipulation, based on what
> additional splash files are being provided.

Notice that after pressing send... but I didn't get the outsufix
option properly... I will try the explanation that Paul gave me:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.handhelds.openembedded

sorry for same post on different mailling list forgot to cc it.

> I am not sure if you are trying to change more than the splash image or not.

Ok so let me try to clarify my explanation:
Let's say I want to have psplash recipe psplash2 receipe on the same
image. Let say that one psplash have progress bar and the other one
doesn't. Both will be install on /usr/bin/psplash* and this is why I'm
having these error / warning.

What will be the recommended way to behave in that case?

My mistake was maybe simply to reuse the entire receipe of psplash and
not simply append and change what I needed from?

> This seems to indicate that you might have another recipe called
> psplash-second (maybe a past attempt at this) and it's causing some issues?

thx will retry from scratch? but every time I was using bibake
<recipes list> -f -c clean and checking that build folder there
nothing related to psplash...

-KA