[yocto] Why use Yocto?

Maxim Radugin maxim.radugin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 07:47:40 PDT 2014

Hi Marlon,

Some more points to vote for yocto:
1) ability to switch to another board easily (even with different arch)
just by switching the BSP layer and optionally doing some kernel and
bootloader config;
2) you can switch between package versions you want to use, plus fine-tune
and patch them for your specific needs;

As the downside of Yocto I can mention that "baking" process is quite time
and resource intensive.

BR,
Maxim.