[yocto] Conditional Configuration Fragments

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Mon Jun 9 09:41:36 PDT 2014

On 14-06-09 11:26 AM, Pierre Yves MORDRET wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I really don’t know whether this is feasible or not, but I’m trying to
> build a yocto image (custom image) with conditional configuration fragments.
>
> Today I have 2 image type: one for deployment purpose and another for
> debug purpose. Debug images is only a superset of deployment image with
> additional debug capabilities: nothing else.
>
> However now I would like to add additional linux kernel features to this
> debug image (ex: CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y).
>
> I want to add this feature into debug image, but NOT in deployment image.
>
> I was thinking to create a .bbappend to my linux .bb file, but again I
> don’t see how to use .bbappend in a conditional way (based on image name
> for instance)
>
> Do you have any idea to perform such request ?

Fragments are either just added to the SRC_URI or KERNEL_FEATURES via
the normal variable assignment rules.

So if you have something that you can test on (image/distro feature as
an example), you can use anonymous python and do a conditional
assignment.

Others on the list may have more elegant suggestions!

Bruce