[yocto] Conditional Configuration Fragments

Pierre Yves MORDRET pierre-yves.mordret at st.com
Mon Jun 9 08:26:40 PDT 2014

Hello,

I really don't know whether this is feasible or not, but I'm trying to build a yocto image (custom image) with conditional configuration fragments.
Today I have 2 image type: one for deployment purpose and another for debug purpose. Debug images is only a superset of deployment image with additional debug capabilities: nothing else.
However now I would like to add additional linux kernel features to this debug image (ex: CONFIG_DEBUG_INFO=y).

I want to add this feature into debug image, but NOT in deployment image.
I was thinking to create a .bbappend to my linux .bb file, but again I don't see how to use .bbappend in a conditional way (based on image name for instance)

Do you have any idea to perform such request ?

Many thanks in advance

[cid:image003.png at 01CF8407.F99988A0]

Pierre-Yves MORDRET | TINA: 166 7286 | Tel: +33 244027286 | Mobile: +33 611091514
UPD | Middleware Integrator