[yocto] creating sdk for my own packages - how?

Marek Andrus marek.andrus at wp.pl
Wed Jun 4 00:47:28 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm new to Yocto and I've just created a few recipes for my project
(main application and some needed libraries). Now I'd like to create sdk
for my application so it should contain toolchain and the needed
libraries/headers. What should I include in my recipes to get result
like that? I can't find anything about that in Yocto docs.

I believe I'll be able to create the sdk with command like bitbake
<my_application> -c populate_sdk. I added "inherit populate_sdk_base" to
<my_application>.bb. Is that a correct way?

BR,
Marek Andrus