[yocto] [yocto and jenkins]

Paul Barker paul at paulbarker.me.uk
Mon Jun 2 16:03:04 PDT 2014

On Mon, Jun 02, 2014 at 03:38:43PM -0700, Insop Song wrote:
> All,
>
> I've been building yocto using jenkins.
>
> I want to include yocto's build environment variable "BUILD_NUMBER" to
> yocto's kernel.
>
> 1, I've tried this in one of my conf file, add
>
> GS_SDK_VERSION = "GS-SDK-V1.5-${BUILD_NUMBER}"
>
> But ${BUILD_NUMBER} is not expended
>

> 2, I've looked at Keon's example from
> https://git.linaro.org/openembedded/jenkins-setup.git
>
> I've put the following in conf/local.conf
>
> JENKINS_BUILD_NUMBER = "`echo ${BUILD_NUMBER}`"
>
> Then add GS_SDK_VERSION = "GS-SDK-V1.5-${JENKINS_BUILD_NUMBER}"
>
> It still doesn't expand.
>
> So my question is
>
> - how to include environment variable to yocto's running?

As a guess, bitbake is ignoring the value of the BUILD_NUMBER environment
variable. You can add the variable to BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE but you need to do so
outside of bitbake as the value needs to be set when bitbake starts
(BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE is an environment variable).

Googling BB_ENV_EXTRAWHITE should provide more information.

--
Paul Barker

Email: paul at paulbarker.me.uk
http://www.paulbarker.me.uk