[yocto] How to change linux kernel to my own linux kernel repository in poky-tiny

Wenxi Jin jwenxi at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 08:05:28 PDT 2014

Hi,

1. By following "Hands-on kernel lab" meta-lab4-qemux86 tutorial, I managed
to use my own linux kernel repository. And then I realized the bzImage.bin
file is around 87M which is totally not acceptable on my target platform
MIPS.

Q1: How should I reduce the kernel size?

2. Then I found out there is linux-tiny which is giving <4M kernel image.
But I could not figure out how to make it pointing to my own linux kernel
repository.

Q2: Should I use linux-tiny? Or should I stick with the 1. method?

Basically what I want is to use my own linux kernel repository and <4M
kernel size.

Any help would be so much appreciated! :)

BR
Wenxi