[yocto] yocto Digest, Vol 46, Issue 109

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Thu Jul 31 06:53:25 PDT 2014

Hi Pushpa,

On Thursday 31 July 2014 08:04:56 Pushpa Teja wrote:
>           iam trying to build yacto for riot board when ever i am giving
> bitbake getting the below error i strucked in this point please guide me .
>
> NOTE: Preparing runqueue
> NOTE: Executing SetScene Tasks
> NOTE: Executing RunQueue Tasks
> WARNING: Failed to fetch URL
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs-1.42.8.tar.gz,
> attempting MIRRORS if available
> ERROR: Fetcher failure: Fetch command
> failed with exit code 4, output: Read error (Connection timed out) in
> headers.
> Read error (Connection timed out) in headers.
>
> ERROR: Function failed: Fetcher failure for URL:
> 'http://downloads.sourceforge.net/e2fsprogs/e2fsprogs-1.42.8.tar.gz'.
> Unable to fetch URL from any source.
> ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in:
> /home/teju/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/build/tmp/work/cortexa9hf-vfp-neon-poky-linux-
> gnueabi/e2fsprogs/1.42.8-r0/temp/log.do_fetch.9563 ERROR: Task 1746
> (/home/teju/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp/sources/poky/meta/recipes-devtools/e2fsprogs/
> e2fsprogs_1.42.8.bb, do_fetch) failed with exit code '1' WARNING: Failed to
> fetch URL
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/src/gst-plugins-good/gst-plugins-good-0.10
> .31.tar.bz2, attempting MIRRORS if available

This sounds like a problem with your connection. Are you behind some kind of
proxy or firewall? If downloading from the original site failed it should have
attempted to fetch it from our source mirror at
http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/mirror/sources/ ; if that failed too it's
almost certainly a connection issue. I've just checked and
e2fsprogs-1.42.8.tar.gz definitely exists on our source mirror. You can double-
check exactly what happened by looking in log.do_fetch as indicated in the
output you posted.

Cheers,
Paul

--