[yocto] 'pod' problem building openssl 1.0.1g with latest daisy branch

Alex J Lennon ajlennon at dynamicdevices.co.uk
Mon Jul 28 04:14:11 PDT 2014

On 28/07/2014 11:45, Paul Eggleton wrote:
> On Monday 28 July 2014 11:40:52 Alex J Lennon wrote:
>> On 28/07/2014 11:34, Paul Eggleton wrote:
>>> On Monday 28 July 2014 11:19:25 Alex J Lennon wrote:
>>> So, I think this is an issue with newer host Perl and OpenSSL 1.0.1g. This
>>> looks like it might be the patch that fixes it:
>>>
>>> https://git.openssl.org/gitweb/?p=openssl.git;a=commit;h=23f5908ac753b176a
>>> f2a0690e0ebb53c95ef192b
>>>
>>> If so we can apply this in daisy (master already has 1.0.1h which includes
>>> this fix.)
>> I'll give this a quick test then shortly thanks Paul.
>>
>> In the meantime I can also confirm that running make install_sw instead
>> of make install works as an interim - albeit inappropriate for Yocto - fix
>>
>> ref: https://github.com/openssl/openssl/issues/57
> I haven't reproduced the issue here (I need to clear space to set up an Ubuntu
> 14.04 VM first) but if that means it skips preparing / installing the
> documentation I would assume it would work around the issue yes.
>
> Cheers,
> Paul

Apologies - this does appear to be finger trouble on my part. Somehow
when I pulled down
the latest daisy branch a merge has occurred which knocked out a line
with the already
present patch in openssl_1.0.1g.bb:

file://openssl-fix-doc.patch \

With this corrected openssl builds and installs fine.

Thanks for putting me on the right track.

Cheers

Alex