[yocto] change in base-files recipe does not trigger rebuild

Jate S jatedev at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 09:10:43 PDT 2014

I'm on dora. I am using a different /etc/profile for base-files via a
bbappend. Subsequent builds of my image does not add the new
base-files package as I think it should.

Running bitbake of my image after the modification reports nothing to do.

Bumping the PR on the bbappend rebuilds base-files when bitbaking the
image, but does not regenerate the image.

Doing a clean of the image before bitbaking it installs the new base-files.

Should the image be rebuilt automatically after changing base-files?

- Jate S.