[yocto] Adding prebuilt binaries/libraries to /usr/bin or/usr/lib on rootfs

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 00:18:29 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 11:08 PM, Meenakumari Shedole
<meenakumari.s at hcl.com> wrote:
> The steps shared by you is telling about customizing the image on existing recipes.
> But I query is how to add prebuild libraries directly to rootfs.
>
> Thanks in Advance.

even though its a bad idea to package binaries but sometimes you have
no choice. You can
write a recipe where do_configure and do_compile do nothing and in
do_install you would install
the binaries into ${D}${bindir} and ${D}${libdir} as appropriate and
then create PACKAGES and use FILE_<package> to bean the files into
respective output packages.