[yocto] SDK not contianing archive libraries

Joseph Andrew de la Peña jdelapena at lexmark.com
Thu Jul 24 00:30:19 PDT 2014

Good day Ross,

I've mimic'd the bitbake.conf way of adding -staticdev. Apparently I got a
QA error stating that there are already multiple definitions of -staticdev
for my unit.

BTW, what's the purpose of ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN} = "1" and
ALLOW_EMPTY_${PN}-dev = "1"?

Really thank you for your help with this one.

- Joseph