[yocto] interfaces file on a per-image basis

Allan Matthew amatthew at 3drobotics.com
Wed Jul 23 15:25:37 PDT 2014

I have two separate images, call them server and client.  The client will
have one /network/interfaces file and the server will have another.  I can
successfully override the init-ifupdown in my own bbappend in my layer and
use one of my interface files, but I can't figure out how to pick between
two interface files depending on the image I'm building.  Is there a
variable I should be able to examine to determine which interfaces file I
should use in my .bbappend?

The only other option I've found is to use two separate machines, which is
not a great option for me because the hardware and almost all of the
packages are identical between my client and server, so I'd like to just be
able to build two separate images instead of changing machine types as well.

Thanks!