[yocto] SELinux doesn't work on t4240qds

Mark Hatle mark.hatle at windriver.com
Wed Jul 23 07:37:44 PDT 2014

On 7/22/14, 9:28 PM, zhenhua.luo at freescale.com wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Thanks for your comments.

This makes me suspect a kernel issues.  The last time I looked at meta-fsl-ppc,
it had a custom kernel (didn't use the linux-yocto kernel).  It appears (based
on your original message) that all of the needed values were enabled:

http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-selinux/tree/recipes-kernel/linux/linux-yocto/selinux.cfg

So I'm at a loss to explain the issue.  The only other suggestion would be to
pass 'selinux=1' or is it 'enforce=1' on the command line and see if that starts
the system up in enforcing mode.

>> The last version I used w/ meta-selinux was the 1.5 release.
>>
>> We're planning on updating it to master in the 'near' future [patches
>> welcome!], and I've been told by a few others of success w/ 1.7.

(I meant 1.6 above BTW, since there is no 1.7 yet.)

> [Luo Zhenhua-B19537] I will try master and dora.

Try dora, it's possible there is something minor that isn't right.

>> Did you enable the 'selinux' distribution flag?
>> If so, it should have enabled all of the components necessary for this stuff to be enabled.
> [Luo Zhenhua-B19537] Yes, selinux is in DISTRO_FEATURES.

That should be was was needed.  The first boot should provision the system and
reboot.  After that things should be enabled and functional.

--Mark