[yocto] SDK not contianing archive libraries

Joseph Andrew de la Peña jdelapena at lexmark.com
Tue Jul 22 20:20:35 PDT 2014

Good day,

I have bumped into a problem when compiling from my generated SDK (-c
populate_sdk). I have archive libraries (.a) that were not reflected in my
SDK's lib dir in sysroots. However, my shared objects (.so) are present. I
needed both .a and .so to be present in my SDK. With the former being the
problem, how can archive libraries be included in SDK? I've checked in my
poky and all .a are installed successfully in tmp/sysroots.

Thanks,
Joseph