[yocto] [OE-core] Carrier Grade layer proposal

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Jul 22 09:07:38 PDT 2014

On 14-07-22 12:02 PM, akuster wrote:

> On 07/22/2014 08:58 AM, Bruce Ashfield wrote:
>> On 14-07-22 11:54 AM, akuster wrote:
>>> Alexandru,
>>>
>>> Regarding  a few packages in category C&D.
>>>
>>> I have latest samhain building as well as grsecurity (pax patches
>>> applied against 3.14.12) in a branch in my meta-security tree. I have a
>>> bit more testing to do before I was going to post them.
>>
>> And on this note, we should consider the kernel parts and see if getting
>> them into a common location is a good idea.
>>
> yep.
>
>> We already have the linux-yocto tree, and it tracks LTSI, has CVE and
>> -stable tracking, and is maintained to support the set of reference
>> boards.
>>
>> Creating yet more reference kernel trees doesn't help our goal of
>> fewer trees and a discrete set of kernel versions.
>
> Agreed.

Great, glad to hear.

I wasn't trying to divert the discussion, just seeing if there
was anywhere I could help.

I know for certain that Joe has a LOT of experience with grsec, and
I've been helping maintain its 'tentacles' for a long time, so I'm
sure we can come up with something workable when the time is right.

Cheers,

Bruce