[yocto] read only rootfs & systemd

Christopher Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Tue Jul 22 08:44:11 PDT 2014

On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:43 AM, Maciek Borzecki <
maciej.borzecki at open-rnd.pl> wrote:

> Is read-only-rootfs supported on systemd setups?
>
> The current dev manual is not clear about this. Also in image.bbclass
> there are comments that read_only_rootfs_hook supports only sysvinit
> setups.

Not in oe-core, no. https://github.com/MentorEmbedded/meta-ro-rootfs is how
we're handling it at mentor today, we haven't gotten around to pursuing an
upstream solution, whether integration of this or something else, as of
yet. If you follow the instructions at
https://github.com/MentorEmbedded/meta-ro-rootfs#usage it should work fine
for you.
--