[yocto] How to find the bb file from package name

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Tue Jul 22 02:15:36 PDT 2014

On 21 July 2014 16:39, Anooj Gopi <anoojgopi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could some one help me to understand how we could find the bb file which
> generated particular package (rpm package for eg.)?
> (In some cases the name of the package and recipe name differ drastically)
>
> Also is there any way to list packages (rpm) generated by particular recipe
> (yocto package) easily. (without looking into the PACKAGES variable).

It's probably best if you explain exactly what you want to do.

If you want to work backwards from a RPM to the recipe, then binary
RPMs have a Source RPM metadata field and the srpm is named after the
recipe:

$ rpm -qpi connman-tests-1.24-r0.15.corei7_64.rpm | grep Source
Source RPM  : connman-1.24-r0.15.src.rpm

Ross