[yocto] core-image-x11 screen resolution

Chris Tapp opensource at keylevel.com
Sun Jul 20 06:32:44 PDT 2014

Hi Brian,

On 18 Jul 2014, at 22:57, Wenholz, Brian (GE Healthcare) <Brian.Wenholz at med.ge.com> wrote:

> Chris,
>
> To do this I use a custom xorg.conf file by creating a bbappend for the xserver-xf86-config recipe in my own layer. Just needs the FILESEXTRAPATHS_prepend and PR variables updated. Then you place the custom file in the xserver-xf86-config or files directory. I keep my layer appends in the same relative structure as the full recipe for my own sanity.
>
> Hope this helps.

Thanks, this is the way I would normally do it myself :-)

I was just wondering if there was a really simple way to set it at build time (like adding video= to the kernel arguments) when I'm evaluating various platforms and my local layers aren't available. For now I can just use xrandr to switch resolution.