[yocto] How to include native bitstream dependency in recipe?

Nicolas Dechesne nicolas.dechesne at linaro.org
Thu Jul 17 02:01:31 PDT 2014

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Natural Groove
<natural_groove at hotmail.fr> wrote:
> Im trying to crosscompile a framework that needs native bitstream
> dependency, but the configure does not find the headers.

what is 'bitstream'?

> I was told to use ASSUME_PROVIDED, but i dont know how to give the path to
> bitstream in the recipe.
> Or is there a another way to deal with that like installing bitstream to a
> specific dir that oe will now of?

ASSUME_PROVIDED is generally used for host binary that you want OE to
use instead of building them. for example, it is generally ok to use
the 'git' application from your host instead of rebuilding git during
an OE build. This is applicable *only* to host binaries.

in your case (granted that I don't know what 'bitstream' is) I think
you will need to have a recipe that build 'bitstream'. Note that the
dependency is 'native' in case it's a tool that needs to run on the
host, like a preprocessor. If you need 'bitstream' to cross compile
for your target because your target framework builds and links against
'bistream' them it's not a native dependency, but just a regular
dependency.