[yocto] Bash parser

Isak Lichtenstein Isak.Lichtenstein at kistler.com
Wed Jul 16 02:36:49 PDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm creating my own image by implementing IMAGE_CMD_<myImage> in my custom .bbclass file.

In this method I'm using the bash syntax. But a lot of time the parser doesn't manage to parse my file properly. Examples:

	TMP="file1 file2"
	read -a scripts <<< $tmp
generates
	ShellSyntaxError: expecting here-document name, got '<'

Or

	TMP="file1 file2"
	scripts=(${TMP})
generate
	ShellSyntaxError: LexToken(TOKEN,'${TMP}',0,0)

Other bash commands are parsed properly, but generate an error while executing them. Example:
	TMP="file1, file2"
	tmp=${TMP//,/ }
generates
	Bad substitution
	| WARNING: exit code 2 from a shell command.

Does a page exist somewhere describing the bash features supported by the parser and also the execution environment?
Are arrays supported at all?

Best regards

Isak Lichtenstein