[yocto] Query about the kernel version supported by Yocto

Bruce Ashfield bruce.ashfield at windriver.com
Tue Jul 15 06:08:18 PDT 2014

On 14-07-15 06:14 AM, zhenhua.luo at freescale.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The git tree of several kernel version is maintained in the Yocto official git repository, 3.4, 3,8, 3.10 and 3.14, is there any reason to skip kernel 3.12 which is a LTS version?
>
> What's the policy of kernel selection of kernel that is supported by Yocto?

We support three kernels at any given time. The latest LTSI (note: not
LTS) kernel, the latest mainline kernel that fits our release window,
and a -dev kernel.

The "latest mainline kernel" for a given release has it's version locked
about 6-8 weeks before release, but has already gone through our build
testing via the -dev kernel (which tracks mainline).

Bruce