[yocto] inconsistent ways of setting IMAGE_FSTYPES

Paul Eggleton paul.eggleton at linux.intel.com
Mon Jul 14 03:29:09 PDT 2014

On Sunday 13 July 2014 13:44:53 Robert P. J. Day wrote:
>   not a big deal, but just noticed the various formats for assigning
> IMAGE_FSTYPES in the meta-yocto layer:
>
> $ grep -r IMAGE_FSTYPES *
> meta-yocto/conf/distro/poky-tiny.conf:IMAGE_FSTYPES = "ext2 cpio.gz"
> meta-yocto-bsp/conf/machine/edgerouter.conf:IMAGE_FSTYPES ?= "jffs2 tar.bz2"
> meta-yocto-bsp/conf/machine/beaglebone.conf:IMAGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2
> jffs2" meta-yocto-bsp/conf/machine/mpc8315e-rdb.conf:IMAGE_FSTYPES ?=
> "jffs2 tar.bz2"
> scripts/lib/bsp/substrate/target/arch/arm/conf/machine/{{=machine}}.conf:IM
> AGE_FSTYPES += "tar.bz2 jffs2"
> scripts/lib/bsp/substrate/target/arch/mips/conf/machine/{{=machine}}.conf:I
> MAGE_FSTYPES ?= "jffs2 tar.bz2" $
>
>   just seems a bit odd for those assignments to be bouncing around
> between =, += and ?=.

I have to admit I thought we had established quite a long time ago in OE
history that += was the correct way to set IMAGE_FSTYPES from a machine config
file, although a quick search didn't turn up the thread where we discussed it.
We're apparently not consistent with that at the moment however.

Cheers,
Paul

--

Paul Eggleton